A downloadable game for Windows
RoboCritters is a frantic real-time multiplayer battle-game where up to 4 players (or 6 online) can go head to head, fighting in real-time over a procedurally-generated, fully destructible terrain. 12 different game-modes provide unique twists to the gameplay and require that players get creative in order to outsmart opponents.
- Online play fully supported (requires Steam) - Up to 6 players with up to 4 local players per machine
- Fully destructible terrain - Fight until there is nothing left! Tunnel your way to victory. Use land as temporary cover. The options are endless…
- Procedurally generated landscapes - Utilise the interactive level-generation tool or select from over 70 pre-built level layouts.
- 5 different world types - Each with unique visuals effects (woodland, winter, wild-west, gothic and cheesetastic!)
- Varied tactical weaponry - Includes bouncy mines, player-guided missiles, remote-detonated cluster bombs, and of course, the nuke.
- Jet packs - Attain air-superiority against other players or engage in epic dog fights to the death.
- 4 re-chargeable energy abilities - From the cheap and cheerful 'Quick-Shield' and 'Mega-Hop', to the more costly 'Shockwave' and ‘EMP’. Will you use the cheaper evasive abilities or save up your reserves in order to turn the tide of battle?
- Hop, dash and roll mechanics - Need to get somewhere quickly? Why not use a crater as a ramp and launch yourself using a mixture of a power dash and a hop, cowabunga!
- Express your emotions - Taunt your opponents or show your fear with in-game emotes. Each critter has a unique personality and there are a total of 18 randomised voice statements per character.
- Power-up crates - Engage in sporadic territorial disputes as you fight to collect these important resources.
- Customisable game modifiers - Tweak the rate of fire, health, energy regeneration rate, and more..
There are 12 different game modes to choose from, including:
- Skirmish – A classic battle where players must earn money from hits and kills in order to purchase weapons between rounds.
- Dogfight - Players have infinite basic ammo and jetpack fuel. This gamemode relies on quick reflexes and skillful aerial manoeuvres.
- Nuke Dogfight - All players have infinite nukes and jetpack fuel with which to unleash complete carnage against their opponents (and often themselves).
- Basic Survival – Players must fight with only basic weaponry while attempting to avoid an onslaught of bouncy mines continually dropped from above.
- Lottery - Players each receive infinite ammo for 2 random weapons (or for 1 weapon and jetpack). Players must get creative in order to win, sometimes against the odds.
- Shuffle - Can't decide? We got you covered. This special gamemode chooses a new gamemode every round!
|Release date||Jul 04, 2017|
|Tags||artillery, deathmatch, Destruction, Funny, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, online, Procedural Generation, Tactical|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||2 - 4|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam Greenlight, Youtube|
Click download now to get access to the following files: